To keep Red Water Hosting servers fast, safe and secure, and prices low, we enforce a very strict Acceptable Use Policy.
Please note that the Acceptable Use Policy is an addition to the Terms Of Service, and may contain things which are already in the Terms Of Service.
We do not allow the following. Any account(s) found breaking our policies will be removed and cancelled without notice.
Spamming (sending unsolicited email or posting messages to irrelevant UsetNet newsgroups that do not explicitly allow advertising, with references to a site hosted on our servers)
Sites encouraging illegal activity or racism, sites providing instructions or performing illegal activities. Any site conducting illegal activities and / or copyright infringements.
Violations and attempted violations of system & network security. Or any type of tampering with the system with the purpose to inflict harm.
Peer to Peer / Portal and upload and download type sites related to hacking and warez.
Specific Violations of This AUP (not an exclusive list):
- Booter Scripts
Use of booter scripts.
- Child Porn Site
Hosting, distributing, or linking from a site to pornography involving a person under legal age. ( See Title 18 USC Chapter 110 SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND OTHER ABUSE OF CHILDREN § 2256 Definitions and § 2257 Record keeping requirements http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/18C110.txt )
Hosting, distributing, or linking to copyright infringed materials. ( See http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html )
Brute force access of secured network devices.
Denial of service attack of network devices.
Hosting or linking to a site prohibited by Embargo.
- File Management Scripts
Hosting file or image sharing/leeching scripts.
Faking an IP address, hostname, e-mail address, or header.
- Fraud Site
Hosting or linking to a website intended to deceive the public.
- Gambling/Poker Sites
Hosting or linking of gambling or online poker sites.
- Hate Sites
Hosting or linking to any hate sites. This includes: racism, atheism etc.
Circumventing security systems of network devices.
- HYIP & PTC Sites
Hosting or linking to a website of high yield investment program, Ponzi Scheme, Pyramid Scheme or paid to click program.
- ID Theft
Hosting, distributing, or linking to stolen account identification information.
Hosting, distributing, or linking to exploits, trojans, viruses, or worms.
- Invalid Domain/Sub-Domain Name
A vain, obscene, or malicious host name or domain name.
- IRC Malicious
Malicious use of Internet Relay Chat.
- Open Relay
Hosting an open relay of any type.
Hosting, distributing, or linking to pharmaceutical/drug sites.
Identity theft by email under false pretense.
Any proxies which do not require authentication, including open mail proxies, unprotected anonymous web surfing proxies, etc. are not allowed.
- Proxy Hijack
Use of a third party proxy vulnerability or trojan.
ROKSO blacklisting at www.spamhaus.org of an IP. ( See SpamHaus )
Probing for vulnerabilities of network devices.
Hosting accounts primarily for shell access.
SORBS blacklisting at www.sorbs.net of an IP.
- Spam Cannon
Sending High Volume Spam (UBE).
- Spam Email
Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE).
- Spam List
Hosting, distributing, or linking to email address lists for spam.
- Spam Site
Hosting a site advertised by spam email or spam web.
- Spam Ware
Hosting, distributing, or linking to software designed for spamming.
- Spam Web
Unsolicited, bulk, or forged site advertisement in web logs, forums, or guest books.
Spamhaus Blacklisting at www.spamhaus.org of an IP.
- SQL Injection
Use of SQL injector scripts.
- Terrorist Site
Hosting or linking to a site advocating or involved in terrorism. ( See Terror PDF )
Hosting, distributing, or linking to trade mark infringed materials.
- Upstream AUP
Violation of AUP of the upstream provider of Red Water Hosting.
- Web Spider
Use of a web spider, crawler, or bot for unauthorized connection to 3rd party web servers.
You can not use any kind of program that will eat up so much bandwidth in a month.
Users may not initiate the following:
- a) Use 10% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
- b) Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed.
- c) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
- d) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- e) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1492, etc
- Shared Hosting Users
You must not attempt to resell your web space on shared account. You are permitted to "share" it with a friend, but running a public/private hosting business on it is strictly prohibited, any shared sites found to be doing this, will be suspended, or forced to purchase a reseller account if they want to continue.
- Reseller Hosting Users
Resellers bought from Red Water Hosting are responsible for the files their clients host. If the resellers do not properly take precautions, and actions against clients violating these Terms of Service, their accounts may have to be suspended, due to their negligence. Red Water Hosting, and its server owners will not be held responsible for what resellers clients host under their accounts. Resellers must not offer free hosting. This is to pretend our server from abusive works. Because it is believed that most of the free hosting users get hosting for free to do illegal works such as spamming, phishing etc.
- Domains/Accounts Restriction on Unlimited Packages
Reseller (Unlimited) hosting users should not host or create hosting accounts more than 100 respectively.
- Content Restriction on Packages
When we say unlimited domains, unlimited disk space or bandwidth, of course there are terms & conditions that you must adhere to. This means unlimited webpages, domains and web graphics, not downloads or streaming media. Our servers are shared hosting servers; CPU, memory and hard disk usage is not unlimited. CPU intensive files are not permitted on our servers and accounts may not to be used to host a collection of mp3s, audios, videos, anime, ZIP/RAR files, warez, gamers sites, shout cast and similar, or to backup your computer or another source. They may not be used for general storage of any type. They may not be used as download mirrors or download/upload portals. While the sale of eBooks and other legal small download files are permitted within reason with the unlimited package, hosting and storage of mass quantities where our servers are used as a distribution point is not permitted.
How much disk space and bandwidth will my plan include?
There are no set limits on the disk space or data transfer (bandwidth) that we provide in our unlimited plans. We want you to have the resources you need to build a great online presence, and 99.95% of all customers will have more than enough disk space and bandwidth to meet their needs.
That being said, we do require all customers to be fully compliant with our TOS and AUP and utilize disk space and bandwidth in the normal operation of a personal or small business website. While it is rare, we may need to put constraints on accounts that are using resources beyond what would be expected in the normal operation of a personal or small business website.
Typically, customers only run into issues if they use their accounts for storage or file sharing, which is not what our services are intended to support. In accordance with our TOS/AUP, the disk space and bandwidth you use must be integrated into the normal operation of your website.
How do you determine "normal" operation?
We regularly run customer bandwidth and disk space utilization through a series of statistical analyses and use the results of these studies to define normal. Although the actual results of these analyses vary from month to month, one thing remains constant: 99.95% of our customers fall into "normal" range. Typically, customers who fall outside the normal range are using their accounts for file storage or sharing rather than hosting.
If you have a question about whether your website will fall into the normal range, feel free to contact our team. We'll be happy to talk about your specific needs before you purchase your hosting plan.
What happens if I exceed "normal" usage?
If we have concerns about your account's bandwidth or disk space utilization, you will receive an email asking you to reduce usage. Generally, we provide customers with a minimum of 48 hours to make adjustments before taking the account offline.
Again, the most common situations involve customers who use their accounts for storage of files—particularly multimedia files—that are not linked off of their websites. It is very rare for a customer who is managing a personal or small business website to exceed normal usage.
Red Water Hosting will immediately suspend or may terminate an account which:
- Found to be violating our TOS or AUP.
- Contains invalid or fraudulent details.
- Initiates chargeback/dispute against any payment.
- Obscene, abusive, defamatory or threatening speech or remarks in relation to our company or staffs.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Red Water Host. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document Red Water Host may suspend or terminate your account.
Red Water Host's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for Red Water Host Services is designed to help protect Red Water Host, Red Water Host's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Red Water Host. Red Water Host reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at http://www.redwaterhost.com/aus.html.
Prohibited Uses of Red Water Host Systems and Services:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Red Water Host's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Red Water Host's servers, is prohibited. Red Water Host accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Red Water Host customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Red Water Host-hosted domain, or referencing any Red Water Host account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Red Water Host customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Red Water Host network or on another provider's network.
- Using Red Water Host's Services to interfere with the use of the Red Water Host network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each Red Water Host customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Red Water Host, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an Red Water Host customer will be forwarded to the Red Water Host customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the Red Water Host Acceptable Use Policy occur, Red Water Host reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Red Water Host's AUP as Red Water Host deems appropriate, without notice.